Why Taking the Day For Yourself is the Best Investment You Can Make
Taking a day for yourself is one of the best investments you'll ever make in your career or your business.
If you choose to to come to this conference, what will happen? What can you expect?
- You will have an entire day to think. For me, this is a huge benefit. When I attend something like this, it’s having the time to think I value most. You won’t be distracted by emails or phone calls, kids or husbands, parents or life in general. This is your time.
- You will hear stories that will encourage you from people who have been where you’re at.
- You will learn HOW to move your life and your ideas forward.
- Your network will grow exponentially. As a WEDWisconsin participant, you will be part of a global community of women who are change agents, business owners, leaders, policy makers, trailblazers and innovators.
- You will laugh!
- You will be supported. Too few people talk about what it takes to achieve a successful outcome. We see the magazine covers, the Instagram photos and the FB feed and think “it’s so easy for them”. At this conference, we’re not playing that game. We’re keeping it real. The purpose of this conference is to celebrate, empower and support women in business because research shows, those three things combined are difference makers.
- You’ll gain some incredible tools in a really short amount of time that are 100% actionable beginning the minute you leave the conference.
- You’ll have access to resources that will help you grow with community economic development partners who will be at the conference.
- You’ll enjoy healthy snacks and a beautiful Mediterranean lunch, have a chance to network, connect and grow your ideas.
You can see the agenda with everything that’s in it for you on the website at www.wedwisconsin.org!
There are many moving pieces with a big show like Women's Entrepreneurship Day Wisconsin. In 2017, I chose the Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center to be our host site because I knew I could trust them to deliver on all fronts. And they did. Today, we returned to finalize many details for the conference - from mics and drapes to registration and exhibit space. I am so thankful for their partnership and for all the volunteers, sponsors and attendees who make this conference possible. We have an even bigger show planned this year and are really looking forward to hosting women in Wisconsin on November 19th for the leadership summit that supports, empowers and celebrates women in business and tech!
Tickets are still available at www.wedwisconsin.org for just $139 until November 1st! This includes all conference materials, the trade show, lunch, healthy snacks and the cocktail hour featuring Tito's Handmade Vodka craft cocktails!
And there's more!
- The UW School of Business will be exhibiting and available to answer your questions about returning to school in their exec MBA or entrepreneurial programs! We're so glad to have them be a part of this conference this year! I returned to school as a 49 year old scholar and graduated from an intensive entrepreneurship program in May of 2017. That experience absolutely created the foundation for this conference experience for you. Education is a great investment!
- Thanks to the Wisconsin Women's Rugby Football Team and the National Sports Heritage Collection (NSHC), you'll have a chance to see a leading collection of artifacts documenting the origins of women’s sports in our nation within the "New Woman" Movement, a movement that pursued equality for women in educational, political, business, and sports’ access and rights.
- You'll take home an amazing SWAG bag! Among other products, you'll find SLIDE gourmet potato chips. Founder and CEO Christine Ameigh will be leading the effort to assemble some fab swag! It's absolutely free for woman-owned companies manufacturing products in Wisconsin! Please send a description of your product to Kirstie@thecreativecompany.com by October 30th to be considered. Sooner is better as it's first come first serve. We'll need 400 items so every WED attendee can enjoy it. If the item is of a higher value, we'll also be placing some products (hot sauce and gift cards, maybe!) in random bags! If you would like to be our bag sponsor, talk to Kirstie. We would love to have a sponsor for the bags with the WED logo on one side and your company on the other!
- The Hilton Monona Terrace has extended their special WED room rate until November 1st! It's just $89, which is a real deal! Why not book two nights and really take some time for yourself to recharge?
- WED ticket holders also get into the Early Stage Symposium's WOMEN reception on November 6th for just $25. This special reception will feature Demetria Menard, the COO of Swan Leap, the fastest growing company on the Inc. 5000 list. Powered by Artificial Intelligence, SwanLeap disrupts and realigns the supply chain processes with their transportation knowledge and technology expertise. To get into the reception at the $25 rate though, you need a ticket to WEDWisconsin! To register, click here.
- Melanie Bean Galle, co-founder of the about-to-be-launched DirectHERy, will be part of the panel on "Pivotal Moments with Small Giants." Melanie's previous roles include a stint with NBC's Today Show in digital marketing!
- Grace Tweartha, financial educator and founder of Live Beneath Your Means.com, will be leading "You, Inc.", a workshop on how to deliver presentations that are heard and much more! Grace's background includes leadership roles in finance and real estate for Fortune 500 companies including Clinique, Estée Lauder and Revlon. She is a graduate of Stanford University and has her MBA from Harvard Business School. She is the CFO of her family of five and a tutor for Manhattan Prep as well as an entrepreneur!
- Connie Li, President/CEO and Principal Engineer of TranSmart Technologies and EJM Engineering, will be one of our panelists at Women's Entrepreneurship Day Wisconsin! Dr. Li also co-founded another company, TrafficCast International headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin. She has gone through a successful round of Series A funding, led a merger and acquisition and has several patents in her name. Dr. Li earned her Bachelor, Master, and PhD degrees in three languages across three countries. After obtained her bachelor degree from the Civil Engineering Department at Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, she won a coveted scholarship to University of Tokyo, Japan, where she was the first woman in more than a hundred years of the University history to earn a Master degree in transportation engineering at University of Tokyo.
- Many women will be on the stage walking you through the nitty gritty of "HOW" to make it happen, not just how they did it but how you can too.
- The questions, resources and answers as well as the network and the possibility will be at your fingertips all day, on this day, like no other day.
And, there's so much more! To see a complete list of speakers, to find out how to get a table for your leadership team or to become a sponsor, visit www.wedwisconsin.org.
WEDWisconsin will feature 4 keynotes, 12 breakout sessions and an all-around great day planned just for you! We look forward to seeing you on November 19th! All are welcome!
Commonly Asked Questions
What is WEDWisconsin? Women's Entrepreneurship Day Wisconsin is a women's leadership summit to celebrate, support and empower women in business. We join women all over the world through the WEDGlobal organization who are part of this movement on this day. WED builds and catalyzes the vital networks of like-minded individuals and organizations that women business leaders need in order to realize their full potential and change the world.
What is your mission? Our mission is to empower, celebrate and inspire women in business so all may prosper and to alleviate poverty.
Who will be at WEDWisconsin? Leaders, business owners, policy makers, change makers, social good founders, non-profit leaders, innovators and trailblazers.
Will the event sell out? It could. We recommend getting your tickets early as last year's event sold out. We're about 70% sold out at this moment!
How do I sign up? Visit www.wedwisconsin.org or call 608-442-6636 to get your ticket and see the conference schedule.
What can I expect? 4 Keynotes + breakout sessions + resources for women in business + lunch and healthy snacks and a jam-packed day of inspiring, actionable ideas to take your career to the next level. You can see the schedule and speakers here: WEDWisconsin Schedule and Speakers
You can still save $10 on your tickets! Early bird rates end November 1. Some scholarships are available as well as volunteer opportunities. More information is available at www.wedwisconsin.org!
Register to celebrate and learn with us in Madison, Wisconsin on Monday, November 19th, 2018. Registration includes all conference materials and sessions, healthy snacks at breaks, and a beautiful lunch.
Instill brand loyalty, cultivate valuable relationships, showcase your brand's commitment to leaving a positive economic footprint and more by becoming a sponsor of WEDWisconsin on November 19th!