Why Taking the Day For Yourself is the Best Investment You Can Make
One of the things I love about being a business owner is that I always wake up in the morning with purpose. There's always something to do and if I'm honest, more to do than I can even begin to get done!
But some of my most productive days haven't been in the office with the questions, consulting and phones ringing. They've been when I've taken time to get a bird's eye view of the business and to plan what's next and what's best for the company.
Taking a day for yourself is one of the best investments you'll ever make in your career or your business.
In that same spirit, here are a few things to look forward to at the WEDWisconsin conference this year!
- The UW School of Business will be exhibiting and available to answer your questions about returning to school in their exec MBA or entrepreneurial programs! We're so glad to have them be a part of this conference this year! I returned to school as a 49 year old scholar and graduated from an intensive entrepreneurship program in May of 2017. That experience absolutely created the foundation for this conference experience for you. Education is a great investment!
- Thanks to the Wisconsin Women's Rugby Football Team and the National Sports Heritage Collection (NSHC), you'll have a chance to see a leading collection of artifacts documenting the origins of women’s sports in our nation within the "New Woman" Movement, a movement that pursued equality for women in educational, political, business, and sports’ access and rights.
- We're going to have SWAG Bags! Among other products, you'll find SLIDE gourmet potato chips. Founder and CEO Christine Ameigh will be leading the effort to assemble some fab swag! It's absolutely free for woman owned companies manufacturing products in Wisconsin! Please send a description of your product to Kirstie@thecreativecompany.com by October 30th to be considered. Sooner is better as it's first come first serve. We'll need 400 items so every WED attendee can enjoy it. If the item is of a higher value, we'll also be placing some products (hot sauce and gift cards, maybe!) in random bags! If you would like to be our bag sponsor, talk to Kirstie. We would love to have a sponsor for the bags with the WED logo on one side and your company on the other!
- The Hilton Monona Terrace has extended their special WED room rate until November 1st! It's just $89, which is a real deal! Why not book two nights and really take some time for yourself to recharge?
- WED ticket holders also get into the Early Stage Symposium's WOMEN reception on November 6th for just $25. This special reception will feature Demetria Menard, the COO of Swan Leap, the fastest growing company on the Inc. 5000 list. Powered by Artificial Intelligence, SwanLeap disrupts and realigns the supply chain processes with their transportation knowledge and technology expertise. To get into the reception at the $25 rate though, you need a ticket to WEDWisconsin! To register, click here.
- Melanie Bean Galle, co-founder of the about-to-be-launched DirectHERy, will be part of the panel on "Pivotal Moments with Small Giants." Melanie's previous roles include a stint with NBC's Today Show in digital marketing!
- Grace Tweartha, financial educator and founder of Live Beneath Your Means.com, will be leading "You, Inc.", a workshop on how to deliver presentations that are heard and much more! Grace's background includes leadership roles in finance and real estate for Fortune 500 companies including Clinique, Estée Lauder and Revlon. She is a graduate of Stanford University and has her MBA from Harvard Business School. She is the CFO of her family of five and a tutor for Manhattan Prep as well as an entrepreneur!
- Tito's Handmade Craft Cocktails is once again sponsoring the cocktail hour!
And, there's so much more! To see a complete list of speakers, to find out how to get a table for your leadership team or to become a sponsor, visit www.wedwisconsin.org.
WEDWisconsin will feature 4 keynotes, 12 breakout sessions and an all-around great day planned just for you! We look forward to seeing you on November 19th! All are welcome!
Commonly Asked Questions
What is WEDWisconsin? Women's Entrepreneurship Day Wisconsin is a women's leadership summit to celebrate, support and empower women in business. We join women all over the world through the WEDGlobal organization who are part of this movement on this day. WED builds and catalyzes the vital networks of like-minded individuals and organizations that women business leaders need in order to realize their full potential and change the world.
What is your mission? Our mission is to empower, celebrate and inspire women in business so all may prosper and to alleviate poverty.
Who will be at WEDWisconsin? Leaders, business owners, policy makers, change makers, social good founders, non-profit leaders, innovators and trailblazers.
Will the event sell out? It could. We recommend getting your tickets early as last year's event sold out.
How do I sign up? Visit www.wedwisconsin.org or call 608-442-6636 to get your ticket and see the conference schedule.
What can I expect? 4 Keynotes + breakout sessions + resources for women in business + lunch and healthy snacks and a jam-packed day of inspiring, actionable ideas to take your career to the next level. You can see the schedule and speakers here: WEDWisconsin Schedule and Speakers
You can still save $10 on your tickets! Early bird rates end November 1. Some scholarships are available as well as volunteer opportunities. More information is available at wedwisconsin.org!
Register to celebrate and learn with us in Madison, Wisconsin on Monday, November 19th, 2018. Registration includes all conference materials and sessions, healthy snacks at breaks, and a beautiful lunch.
Instill brand loyalty, cultivate valuable relationships, showcase your brand's commitment to leaving a positive economic footprint and more by becoming a sponsor of WEDWisconsin on November 19th!