November 19, 2018
November 19, 2018
Thank you for your support of the WEDWisconsin conference in 2017 and 2018. WEDWisconsin gave many women access to a tremendous network, valuable resources, and knowledge to move their ideas forward. Additionally, we received three proclamations. Through the public relations efforts of The Creative Company, news coverage about the vital role women have in shaping our economy went statewide. Post-conference survey results showed an approval rating in the high 90's in every category both years. In the first year, we had three standing ovations. Both years, WEDWisconsin sold out.
I also volunteered as the National Regional Ambassador for Women's Entrepreneurship Day, helping other women around the country to get their events off the ground. With that, ours in Wisconsin was the largest in North America. We have much to be proud of and it wouldn't have happened without you.
As some of you know, I experienced a significant loss after last year's conference. My mom, who was one of the best, became very ill in December and passed away on January 4th. It was unexpected and heartbreaking. This year is not the year for me to produce a big conference or for my company to take this on. The volunteer hours are substantial. We have clients to take care of and need to focus on our core business.
Thank you very much for your support of this idea. It was the most courageous thing I've ever personally taken a risk on, and because of the broad support we received from the leaders in this State, particularly in this region, it happened.
However, I will not be producing WEDWisconsin this year.
I encourage you to watch the United Nations WED event live online on November 15th or attend in New York City. You can also put together a watch party, take an hour to mentor a woman in business who is at another stage, or take a class with one of the many tremendous partners we have here in Wisconsin, including WWBIC, the SBA, the UW School of Business, the SBDC and Starting Block. There are so many great ways to celebrate Women Entrepreneurs Day! The best way of all is to do business with them!
Thank you again for your support. Together, we made a real impact on many women in this region. I am forever grateful for your partnership and support!
President of The Creative Company
What was accomplished at WEDWisconsin 2017 & 2018:
- You heard stories that encouraged you from people who have been where you’re at.
- Learned HOW to move your life and your ideas forward.
- Your network grew exponentially. As a WEDWisconsin participant, you were part of a global community of women who are change agents, business owners, leaders, policy makers, trailblazers and innovators.
- You laughed!
- You were supported. Too few people talk about what it takes to achieve a successful outcome. We see the magazine covers, the Instagram photos and the FB feed and think “it’s so easy for them”. At this conference, we didn't play that game. We kept it real. The purpose of this conference was to celebrate, empower and support women in business because research shows, those three things combined are difference makers.
- Gained some incredible tools in a really short amount of time that were 100% actionable beginning the minute you left the conference.
- You had access to resources that helped you grow with community economic development partners who were at the conference.
- Enjoyed healthy snacks and a beautiful lunch.
- You were inspired, gained confidence and felt empowered to lead like never before.
EARLY BIRD RATES GO UP ON OCTOBER 1ST.
Get your ticket now and save $30 off the regular ticket price of $149.
“Women’s Entrepreneurship Day is everyday – empower, celebrate and support women in business”